5.04.2009

Dandelion Salad Tastes Good To Me.

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/

This blog is something along the lines of a blog I'd be proud to call my own. It's graphically creative and the content is well-researched and often politically progressive. But above all, the writing is concise and to the point, creative and witty. The writers usually keep themselves out of their posts, bringing credibility to the table. 

One of the things I most admire about the blog is that it questions people and institutions most who are politically progressive might settle for. For example, one of the posts calls obama on his claim that the us does not torture. I admire this blog's ability to question whoever is in power, whether the writer supported that person or not. I want my blog to do the same, at a more local level. 

For instance, one of my goals for this blog might be to look at current news stories - perhaps in the post or the athens news - that I feel have been underreported or misrepresented. Maybe there is a side to that story I feel is being left out. If so, I want to elaborate on that missing piece and offer that point of view to an audience interested in hearing more than just the facts. My goal is to create a following of people who are interested in just why an event happened, not when and where and who was there. 

I tried to do that in my first two posts about the take back the night march. I hope my readers appreciated that I tried to bring a different point of view to their vision of that march and rally.

I would love to eventually import my blog to wordpress and include tabs like "books" "websites" "old blogs" etc., as this one does. I might also be able to get more creative with my web design if I had more freedom and knowledge to make that freedom work well for the message I want to send out into the world. 

No comments: